Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day 7

David Bowie!!!
There was some class and other stuff today, but the highlight was the trip to the David Bowie Is exhibition currently running in Paris.  I don't care how many times I was asked by a student, "So like, seriously, who is David Bowie?"  I don't really care if this isn't technically a Parisian cultural experience.  What it is, is a life lesson for our students.  An eduction they may have missed out on that cheated them from having a world of experiences that they really do need in their lives.  Regardless, we packed them all up after class and took them to the exhibit (http://davidbowieis.philharmoniedeparis.fr/en).



Was is worth it?  YES!
Did they truly appreciate the cultural/musical icon whose history they were seeing? no idea
Was this the best use of our program time?  HELL YES!!

All of the outfits, clips, and history, that have been iconic in music, film, and culture, throughout the years were there on display.

Afterward, the program management retired to my apartment for an impromptu supper club with goulash, wine, salad, wine, vegetables, and wine, and we finished the night off with some Youtube videos that got us scolded by the neighbor.  I'm not sure if he was upset with the noise or the content of the music videos, but either way, it was another great evening in Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment