Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 3

As it is Paris Beer Week, we decided to see what the locals have to offer in terms of brews.  Everyone knows that the French kill it when it comes to wine, but we were curious to find out if they know their way around a solid porter, double IPA or Berliner Weisse.  I have to admit that I was impressed with all of the offerings that we were able to sample.  There was a tap takeover from the Mont Saleve brewery at a little bar known as La Fine Mousse, tucked away down a quiet street in town.  The party was set to start around 5:00.  When I showed up, there were only about 10 people at the bar, but they had over 20 taps pouring from the brewery, from traditional hefeweizens to imperial stouts.  By the time we left around 8:00, the place was literally overflowing onto the street.  It was nice to see that beer geeks love a tap takeover from a fine brewery the world round.


No comments:

Post a Comment